ASSUREURS CRÉATEURS DE CONFIANCE
2023 Half-Year results Analysts Conference Call replay
Motor, home, agricultural, services, business, professionnals and local authorities
Individual health, individual protection, life insurance – individual savings/pensions, group insurance
Asset management, property management, employee savings, banking
Legal protection, credit insurance, assistance, remote surveillance of property and persons
9 December 2020
As a mutual insurance company and responsible investor, Groupama Group is making the fight against climate change a top priority.
In keeping with the objectives of the Paris Agreement, a number of strong initiatives were undertaken in 2018:
• no new investment in and a progressive exit from companies whose turnover or energy production mix is based more than 30% on coal;
• no new investment in companies for which oil sands represent more than 15% of total reserves;
• 1 billion euros in new investments to finance the energy transition between 2019 and 2021. This commitment is well on the way to being met, with 80% realised so far.
In 2020, the Group strengthened these initiatives
No new investment in and a progressive exit from any company:
• whose turnover or energy production mix is based more than 20% on coal;
• whose annual production of coal exceeds 20 million tons;
• whose installed capacity in coal-fired power plants exceeds 10GW;
• that is developing new coal capacities.
These exclusion thresholds will be reduced steadily to reach zero exposure in thermal coal in its investment portfolios:
• by 2030 at the latest for corporate issuers in European Union and OECD countries;
• by 2040 for the rest of the world.
SIGN UP FOR PUBLICATION ALERTS