ASSUREURS CRÉATEURS DE CONFIANCE
2023 Half-Year results Analysts Conference Call replay
Motor, home, agricultural, services, business, professionnals and local authorities
Individual health, individual protection, life insurance – individual savings/pensions, group insurance
Asset management, property management, employee savings, banking
Legal protection, credit insurance, assistance, remote surveillance of property and persons
As an institutional investor involved in financing the economy, Groupama has for many years been developing an investment policy that takes into account environmental, social and governance criteria. Aware of the key role played by the oil & gas and thermal coal sectors in decarbonizing the economy, and in response to various calls to step up commitments on fossil fuels, Groupama has strengthened its policy on non-conventional fossil fuels and the criteria of its thermal coal policy.
The Group has made the following key commitments:
• Definitive withdrawal of thermal coal from investment portfolios by 2030 (EU and OECD countries) and by 2040 in the rest of the world;
• No new direct investment in companies involved in the development of new unconventional oil and gas projects;
• 1.2 billion in additional sustainable investments between 2022 and 2024;
• 50% reduction in the carbon intensity of corporate equity and bond portfolios between 2021 and 2030, in line with the Paris agreements.
Groupama is reinforcing its policy of phasing out thermal coal in 2023 by lowering the absolute thresholds for annual production and installed capacity:
• Reduction of the production threshold from 20MT to 10MT;
• Reduction of the absolute installed capacity threshold from 10GW to 5GW.
SIGN UP FOR PUBLICATION ALERTS