In accordance with the recommendations issued by the Fédération Nationale Groupama, Groupama S.A. has the task of defining and rolling out the Group's operational strategy.
The role of presenting the Group’s strategy
Run by a Board of Directors with 14 members, Groupama S.A. presents and coordinates the Group’s operational strategy. Policy is rolled out in compliance with the strategies defined by the Fédération Nationale Groupama, in consultation with the regional mutuals.
In order to carry out its role of directing the Group’s strategy, Groupama S.A. :
- ensures the cohesion and proper operation of organisations within the Groupama network;
- exercises administrative, technical and financial control over the structure and management of organisations within the Groupama network;
- reinsures the regional mutuals;
- directs all subsidiaries;
- establishes the external reinsurance programme for the entire Group;
manages direct insurance business;
- prepares the consolidated and combined financial statements;
takes all necessary steps to ensure the Group’s solvency.