The Groupama Group is made up of local and regional mutuals as well as national bodies: Fédération Nationale Groupama, Groupama Holding and Groupama S.A.
Relationships between the various entities of the Group are governed in the mutual insurance division:
- by an internal reinsurance contractual mechanism between the regional mutuals and Groupama S.A., defined by an internal reinsurance agreement with terms updated every year,
- by a security and joint liability agreement between all the regional mutuals and Groupama S.A. (“agreement defining the security and joint solidarity mechanisms of the Caisses de Réassurance Mutuelle Agricole that are members of Fédération Nationale Groupama”).
Relationships between entities are governed in the Groupama S.A. division through capital ties.
- The subsidiaries are owned by Groupama S.A.
- The main subsidiaries included in this division are consolidated in the financial statements.
There are two scopes within Groupama:
- the combined scope, which includes all the entities of the Group and all the activities of the regional mutuals;
- the consolidated scope in which Groupama S.A. is the parent holding company. In addition to the activities of the subsidiaries, its business lines include approximately 35% of the activity of the regional mutuals, which is captured by the internal reinsurance mechanism.
The group includes 3,200 local mutuals spread across the entire French territory.
The 13 regional mutuals – 9 metropolitan mutuals, 2 overseas mutuals and 2 specialist specialised mutuals – offer a complete range of insurance and financial products.
Fédération Nationale Groupama
Fédération Nationale Groupama brings together the regional mutuals and represents the members. Its task is to define the general strategies for the Group and to ensure that they are applied.
Groupama Holding exercises control of Groupama S.A.’s shareholdingers on behalf of the regional mutuals.
Groupama S.A. is a public limited company nearly 100% owned by Groupama’s regional mutuals. Its role is to direct the Group’s operational activities. It is run by a Board of Directors made up of 14 members.
The Group’s subsidiaries, in France and abroad, are owned by Groupama S.A.