Groupama S.A. Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is responsible for defining the strategies of Groupama S.A.'s business, ensures that they are implemented and oversees the functions performed by the management.
Groupama S.A.’s Board of Directors is made up of 14 directors:
- 9 representatives appointed by the Ordinary General Meeting of shareholders,
- 3 independent directors,
- 2 directors elected by the employees.
In accordance with its corporate governance practices relating to mutual insurance, the Board of Directors has elected to separate the duties of Chairman from those of Chief Executive Officer. Executive duties are therefore entrusted to a CEO who is not a Board member.
The Board is assisted by technical committees in performing its tasks. The committees of the Board of Directors have no power themselves and their responsibilities neither reduce nor limit the powers of the Board. They are responsible for enlightening the Board of Directors in certain areas.
- Audit and Risk Management Committee
- Compensation and Appointments Committee
- The Agreements Committee, which controls agreements – including the mutual insurance division’s internal reinsurance agreement – entered into between Groupama S.A., the regional mutuals and the subsidiaries.